[horde] Fwd: Email text copied twice in reply

Simon B simon.buongiorno at gmail.com
Mon Jul 8 12:52:19 UTC 2013

On 8 Jul 2013 14:45, <simon at simonandkate.net> wrote:

> Forgive the top posting in this, but I have no idea where it will
actually end up in the email...

> See issue below - I have noticed recently when responding to emails over
ActiveSync, whether from iPad or my S4, that my reply is often hard to find
in the quoted text, and that the original text is repeated.

> The forwarded email below was simply me replying to the 'when I reply to
an email...' line with a single line ('or this') placed manually at the
bottom of the reply email. The compose window in iPad does not replicate
what is actually sent, you only see a single quote, but double is sent. If
I leave the iPad top-posting, then the email is quoted first, then my
reply, then the email again, making it difficult to find.

> Does not happen from Imp, only over AS.
>
> Ay ideas? Something to do with the preference about where replies are
placed?

I complained about this a while ago. From my android device people thought
I was sending empty emails as replies since the text was inserted all the
way at the bottom..

I don't remember the explanation and didn't quite understand it. I just
gave up replying to long mails from my phone or forwarding them and adding
my comments if I absolutely had to.

Since then I've gained a iOS device for work, iPhone 4s,  and that doesn't
have an issue, so I assumed it was a client issue on android since I use
enhanced email, but I haven't had time to test that theory (using stock
might not help, it might be a issue with the AS version).

Simon