[horde] H3 to H5

Mauricio Jose T. Tecles mtecles at biof.ufrj.br
Mon Jul 8 14:22:50 UTC 2013

----- Mensagem de rick at havokmon.com ---------
     Data: Mon, 08 Jul 2013 08:06:08 -0500
     De: Rick Romero <rick at havokmon.com>
  Assunto: Re: [horde] H3 to H5
       Para: horde at lists.horde.org

>  Quoting Ralf Lang <lang at b1-systems.de>:
>
>> On 08.07.2013 07:41, ANANT S ATHAVALE wrote:
>>> Dear List,
>>>
>>> My efforts to release H4 to users have failed, as there are some issues
>>> in H4 which I could not solve and there is no support H4, I can not ask
>>> also.
>>>
>>> Now, I have decided to install H5 on a new hardware and try.
>>>
>>> Please recommend me preferred OS which meets most of the Pre-requisites
>>> of H5. Currently my H3 runs happily on RHEL 5.3.
>>>
>>> I prefer not to compile anything on new OS (I prefer to use built-in
>>> versions).
>>
>> Horde 5 runs natively on opensuse and SLES 11 SP 2 and 3 ( the packages
>> are available through
>>
> https://build.opensuse.org/project/show?project=isv%3AB1-Systems%3AHorde5%3Arolling
>> )
>>
>> See also http://susestudio.com/a/BZ4vzQ/horde-5-sles-11-sp2 for a
>> ready-to-run downloadable VM image (though I have not used this image
>> myself recently and there might be some obstacles - if you meet any
>> problems with this image, contact me directly for help).
>>
>> Horde 5 Packages for Debian are also in development by the debian
>> maintainer. I currently don't use them but I heard they work fairly well.
>>

> I'm testing with the Debian packages, and the upgrade from H3 to H5 worked
> just fine.
> The Debian packages are a little behind of course, and remember that
> they're in unstable - I did run into a problem with upgrading to 5.1.0
> version, but as of yesterday they appear to be completely up to date and
> error-free.
>
> Rick

----- Final da mensagem de rick at havokmon.com -----

I have a Debian Squeeze test installation on which I have done H3 to
H5 upgrade. I don´t use Horde Debian packages, I installed Horde and
its applications via pear. It is working and the upgrade H3->H5, at
least in my case, was easy. I will put it in use as soon as I finish
my tests.

I know you prefer not to compile anything, but give it a try, install
it via pear on a test machine. This way you can follow upgrades much
easier.

My old Horde: Horde 3.3.11, Imp H3 4.3.9, Ingo H3 1.2.5, Kronolith H3
2.3.5, Mnemo H3 2.2.4, Turba H3 2.3.5

My new installation: Horde 5.1.1, Imp 6.1.2, Ingo 3.1.1, Kronolith
4.1.1, Mnemo 4.1.0, Nag 4.1.0, Turba 4.1.0

Mauricio Jose T. Tecles
Instituto de Biofisica C. C. F. - UFRJ