[horde] Install Horde 5 fails with new server

Jens-U. Mozdzen jmozdzen at nde.ag
Fri Jul 12 10:50:57 UTC 2013

Hi,

Zitat von Louis-Philippe Allard <lp.allard.1 at gmail.com>:
> [...]
> Someone on Linuxquestions.org had a brilliant idea to check where pear
> think he lives:
>
> pear config-show | grep 'PEAR directory'
> PEAR directory                 php_dir          /usr/lib64/php
>
> Which is correct.
>
> Then that person suggested to find out where PHP looks for stuff:
>
> php -r 'echo get_include_path() . PHP_EOL;'
> .:/usr/lib64/php:/usr/include/php:/usr/lib64/php/PEAR
>
> Which includes the path(s) I entered in php.ini and ALSO the path where the
> Horde directory inside PEAR is located (/usr/lib64/php/Horde)
>
> Regarding the files that webmail-setup complains cannot be found (such as
> Application.php), there are Application.php files under:
>
> /usr/lib64/php/Horde/Autoloader/ClassPathMapper/Application.php
> /usr/lib64/php/Horde/Core/Ajax/Application.php
> /usr/lib64/php/Horde/Core/Auth/Application.php
> /usr/lib64/php/Horde/Registry/Application.php
> /usr/lib64/php/Cache/Application.php
>
> But none in the webroot (/var/www/htdocs/horde) I entered during the "pear
> run-scripts horde/horde_role" command.  Which command or script exactly
> copies the files from the pear directory to the final webroot directory so
> I can actually use Horde thru apache??
>
> My Pear setup might be broken but if its the case its a whole lot of people
> and a complete distro that is in trouble.  I have not changed pear and php
> in any ways, its a fresh stock Slackware 14 install.

In our installation, CLI and Apache use *different* php.ini
(/etc/php5/cli/php.ini versus /etc/php5/apache2/php.ini) - via your
commands, you'd be checking the CLI setup. Could you verify that
you're using the proper ini file?

set "$conf['testdisable'] = false;" in
$WEBROOT/yourhorde/config/conf.php and open
  http://..../yourhorde/test.php

and search for "PEAR Search Path (PHP's include_path):".

So see which php.ini is used, open
  http://..../yourhorde/test.php?mode=phpinfo

Regards,
Jens