[horde] Install Horde 5 fails with new server

Vilius Sumskas/LNK vilius at lnk.lt
Fri Jul 12 20:26:17 UTC 2013

> [...]
>>your PEAR
>>> installation is still broken.
>>>
>>>  Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required
>>'PEAR/Config.php'
>>>>>
>>(include_path='.:/php/**includes:/usr/lib/php:/usr/**lib64/php/PEAR'
>)
>>in

>>".:/php/includes:/usr/lib/php:**/usr/lib64/php/PEAR"

>>> --
>>> Jan Schneider
>>> The Horde Project
>>> http://www.horde.org/
>>>

>>Someone on Linuxquestions.org had a brilliant idea to check where
>>pear
>>think he lives:
>>
>>pear config-show | grep 'PEAR directory'
>>PEAR directory                 php_dir          /usr/lib64/php
>>
>>Which is correct.
>>
>>Then that person suggested to find out where PHP looks for stuff:
>>
>>php -r 'echo get_include_path() . PHP_EOL;'
>>.:/usr/lib64/php:/usr/include/php:/usr/lib64/php/PEAR
>>
>>Which includes the path(s) I entered in php.ini and ALSO the path
>>where the
>>Horde directory inside PEAR is located (/usr/lib64/php/Horde)
>>
>>Regarding the files that webmail-setup complains cannot be found
>>(such as
>>Application.php), there are Application.php files under:
>>
>>/usr/lib64/php/Horde/Autoloader/ClassPathMapper/Application.php
>>/usr/lib64/php/Horde/Core/Ajax/Application.php
>>/usr/lib64/php/Horde/Core/Auth/Application.php
>>/usr/lib64/php/Horde/Registry/Application.php
>>/usr/lib64/php/Cache/Application.php
>>
>>But none in the webroot (/var/www/htdocs/horde) I entered during
>the
>>"pear
>>run-scripts horde/horde_role" command.  Which command or script
>>exactly
>>copies the files from the pear directory to the final webroot
>>directory so
>>I can actually use Horde thru apache??
>
>Files under your webroot are installed when "horde", "imp" and other
>application PEAR packages are installed. These latter packages should
>be installed when you install "webmail" packages. Their are webmail
>dependencies, see
>https://github.com/horde/horde/blob/master/bundles/webmail/package.xm
>
>If you are not seeing them pulled after the webmail automatically
>then either your PEAR is broken or misconfigured or installation
>doesn't satisfy one of the dependencies. You can install dependencies
>manually one by one (which is a pain) or try in case of broken PEAR
>try fixing it first.
>
>--
>   Vilius
>--
>

>Ok I understand what you;'re saying.  However, since I want to use
>the horde webmail framework which in the end I want to use at least
>(but not limited to) the calendar, contacts, email, tickets, imp,
>etc....  Are the commands indicated in the install readme on horde's

The commands are OK. However they would only work if your PEAR is in good condition.

>Then webmail-install which fails...

It WILL always fail if "horde" package is not installed.

>"automatically then either your PEAR is broken or misconfigured or
>installation doesn't satisfy one of the dependencies"
>

>If PEAR is broken, like I said, all of Slackware's users are in
>trouble.  Misconfigured perhaps, but thats what I have been trying to
>find for weeks now, on Horde's IRC channel, on Linuxquestions.org, on
>this maillist..

We cannot help if we cannot reproduce the problem. "webmail" package installs just fine for me under Fedora 19 and under RHEL 6.4. All I can say is that from what you've posted in your last messages about empty horde webroot folders almost none of the dependency packages got installed.

Why is that you need to debug yourself. Have you tried increasing PHP log levels? Have you tried increasing PEAR's log verbose level? You've never showed us "pear list -a" results by the way.

>Finally, if my setup doesn't satisfy one of the dependencies, some
>more transparent error messages or perhaps a dependency checkup
>script prior to installing horde would be in order?  Like a php
>script or whatever...

This is done automatically by PEAR (at least in most cases). package.xml file in my last link does exactly that!

--
   Vilius