[horde] Horde 5.1.1 Activesync does not work with Windows Phone 7.8

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Mon Jul 15 19:12:52 UTC 2013

Quoting Mail Admin <pinemail11 at gmail.com>:

> On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 8:58 PM, Michael J Rubinsky
> <mrubinsk at horde.org>wrote:
>

>> Quoting Mail Admin <pinemail11 at gmail.com>:
>>
>>  Please find attached log files for couple of
>>> devices. 0f6e4c41f36aea536bca5c90000f94**ae  is th device into
>>> discussion.
>>>

>> There is absolutely nothing technically wrong with the data that Horde is
>> sending to the device. The device continuously rejects the data sent to it
>> and requests a brand new FOLDERSYNC. The only thing I can think of is that
>> the client requires a configured trash folder, which you don't seem to
>> have. You have a Folder named "Trash" but Horde is not configured to use it
>> to automatically move deleted messages to. Try setting that up in your user
>> prefs and see if that helps.
>>

>> --
>> mike
>>
>> The Horde Project (www.horde.org)
>> mrubinsk at horde.org
>>

> Look like it is bug,

Nope. Working exactly as it should.

> checked, trash folder is there in folder list and it is subscribed for IMAP
> sync.
> Tried to delete mails from, it was marking to delete.
> Selected option "Move deleted messages to your Trash mailbox instead of
> marking them as deleted in the current mailbox?" from mail preference -
>> Deleting and Moving Messages.
> now, activesync started working on windows 7.8

So, it seems WM 7.8 (incorrectly) requires a folder to be marked as
"wastebasket" (type value of 4) in order for it to accept the folder
list.

> Now unchecked "Move deleted messages ..............." to reproduce the
> problem, problem did not reproduce.

Because the client already received the folder list - and just
changing the FolderHierarchy:Type value does not trigger a resync of
the folders. I.e., the client already has the data it needs before you
changed it back.

mrubinsk at horde.org