[horde] Horde 5.1.1 Activesync does not work with Windows Phone 7.8

Mail Admin pinemail11 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 18:20:56 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 8:58 PM, Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>wrote:

> Quoting Mail Admin <pinemail11 at gmail.com>:
>
>  Please find attached log files for couple of
>> devices. 0f6e4c41f36aea536bca5c90000f94**ae  is th device into
>> discussion.
>>

> There is absolutely nothing technically wrong with the data that Horde is
> sending to the device. The device continuously rejects the data sent to it
> and requests a brand new FOLDERSYNC. The only thing I can think of is that
> the client requires a configured trash folder, which you don't seem to
> have. You have a Folder named "Trash" but Horde is not configured to use it
> to automatically move deleted messages to. Try setting that up in your user
> prefs and see if that helps.
>

> --
> mike
>
> The Horde Project (www.horde.org)
> mrubinsk at horde.org

Look like it is bug,
checked, trash folder is there in folder list and it is subscribed for IMAP
sync.
Tried to delete mails from, it was marking to delete.
Selected option "Move deleted messages to your Trash mailbox instead of
marking them as deleted in the current mailbox?" from mail preference -
> Deleting and Moving Messages.
now, activesync started working on windows 7.8
Now unchecked "Move deleted messages ..............." to reproduce the
problem, problem did not reproduce.
Tested another account before selecting option "Move deleted messages
problem reproduced & reoccurred.
as soon as I checked option "Move deleted messages to.." problem solved.
conclusion IMO - somewhere some component is broken only with windows 7.8
where it is stopping to sync when "Move delete option..." is not checked in
that too first time. Once checked in & later removed, issue resolved.

Thanks for the help
Let  me know if I can be of help.

Regards,

PineA