[horde] Horde 5.1.1 Activesync does not work with Windows Phone 7.8

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Mon Jul 15 19:50:21 UTC 2013

Quoting Mail Admin <pinemail11 at gmail.com>:

> On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 12:42 AM, Michael J Rubinsky
> <mrubinsk at horde.org>wrote:
>
>> Quoting Mail Admin <pinemail11 at gmail.com>:
>>
>>  On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 8:58 PM, Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org

>>> Look like it is bug,
>>>

>> Nope. Working exactly as it should.
>>

>>  checked, trash folder is there in folder list and it is subscribed for
>>> IMAP
>>> sync.
>>> Tried to delete mails from, it was marking to delete.
>>> Selected option "Move deleted messages to your Trash mailbox instead of
>>> marking them as deleted in the current mailbox?" from mail preference -

>>> now, activesync started working on windows 7.8
>>>

>> So, it seems WM 7.8 (incorrectly) requires a folder to be marked as
>> "wastebasket" (type value of 4) in order for it to accept the folder list.
>>

>>> Now unchecked "Move deleted messages ..............." to reproduce the
>>> problem, problem did not reproduce.
>>>

>> Because the client already received the folder list - and just changing
>> the FolderHierarchy:Type value does not trigger a resync of  the folders.
>> I.e., the client already has the data it needs before you changed it back.
>>

>> --
>> mike
>>
>> The Horde Project (www.horde.org)
>> mrubinsk at horde.org
>>

> Mike : So, it seems WM 7.8 (incorrectly) requires a folder to be marked as
> "wastebasket" (type value of 4) in order for it to accept the folder list.
>
> PineA : I believe it is more than this conclusion. I have another server
> Horde 5.03, it is working perfectly fine, just created fresh account and
> synced WP 7.8 well without any issue.

Horde 5.0.3 only went up to EAS 12.1, Horde 5.1.x goes up to (and from
your log I see you are using) 14.1. It's likely the client's 14.1
implementation is broken.

> Also this issue exists only on WP 7.8, probably we need to find some
> workarounds the way we did in upper lower case issue in iphone /
> autodiscover issues, etc.

Feel free to investigate and prepare a patch. Since Horde is sending
the correct data and I can't reproduce this on my WP 7.8 device I
don't plan on spending any time on this.

mrubinsk at horde.org