[horde] Install Horde 5 fails with new server

Louis-Philippe Allard lp.allard.1 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 16 02:49:31 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 9:21 PM, Louis-Philippe Allard <
lp.allard.1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 8:57 PM, Louis-Philippe Allard <
> lp.allard.1 at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Package  Version State
>> APC      3.1.13  beta
>> LZF      1.6.2   stable
>> geoip    1.0.8   stable
>> intl     3.0.0   stable
>> memcache 2.2.7   stable
>> mongo    1.4.1   stable
>> pam      1.0.3   stable
>> xdiff    1.4.1   stable
>>
>> I tried increasing php's log verbosity to the max, I got exactly the same
>> output as the command "webmail-install"
>>
>> [16-Jul-2013 00:44:07 UTC] PHP Warning:
>> require_once(/var/www/htdocs/horde/lib/Application.php): failed to open
>> stream: No such file or directory in /usr/bin/webmail-install on line 17
>> [16-Jul-2013 00:44:07 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  require_once(): Failed
>> opening required '/var/www/htdocs/horde/lib/Application.php'
>> (include_path='.:/usr/lib64/php:/usr/include/php:/usr/lib64/php/PEAR') in
>> /usr/bin/webmail-install on line 17
>>
>> Finally I tried uninstalling everything from horde and your pear channel:
>>
>> pear/Horde_ActiveSync not installed
>> pear/Horde_Alarm not installed
>> pear/Horde_Argv not installed
>> pear/Horde_Auth not installed
>> pear/Horde_Autoloader not installed
>> pear/Horde_Browser not installed
>> pear/Horde_Cache not installed
>> pear/Horde_Cli not installed
>> pear/Horde_Compress not installed
>> pear/Horde_Compress_Fast not installed
>> pear/Horde_Constraint not installed
>> pear/Horde_Controller not installed
>> pear/Horde_Core not installed
>> pear/Horde_Crypt not installed
>> pear/Horde_Crypt_Blowfish not installed
>> pear/Horde_Css_Parser not installed
>> pear/Horde_Data not installed
>> pear/Horde_Date not installed
>> pear/Horde_Date_Parser not installed
>>
>> Then I ran "pear list -a" and STILL it said that
>>
>> Installed packages, channel pear.horde.org:
>> Package                   Version State
>> Horde_ActiveSync          2.5.5   stable
>> Horde_Alarm               2.0.4   stable
>> Horde_Argv                2.0.7   stable
>> Horde_Auth                2.0.4   stable
>> Horde_Autoloader          2.0.1   stable
>> Horde_Browser             2.0.3   stable
>> Horde_Cache               2.2.0   stable
>>
>> Is my PEAR setup completely wasted because trying to uninstall the
>> packages it said that they were not installed, but when I list the packages
>> they are listed..  I also tried deleting horde's channel to come back more
>> or less to a stock slackware setup, it said"
>>
>> Channel "pear.horde.org" has installed packages, cannot delete
>>
>> Something' really weird.
>>

> I tried on a different slackware machine, same thing ;)
>

> I will inquire on the Slackware community and post back..

Case closed!!! It works fine now!!

I deleted all horde packages with the command

pear uninstall `pear list -c horde | tail -n +4 | awk '{ print "horde/"$1
}'`

Then unregistered horde's channel, and finally cleared pear's cache...

Then I followed the instructions of the install file. Worked like a charm!
I assume somehow when it downloaded the files at first time, something went
wrong but at that time I didnt have the pear verbosity up so I couldnt see
the errors if there were..

Thanks everyone for the GREAT help and patience with me!