[horde] Samsung email reply text position

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Tue Jul 16 16:47:36 UTC 2013

Quoting Simon Wilson <simon at simonandkate.net>:

> When not responding to email lists like this one, I tend to top-post
> on email replies, as that is what most people expect... including my
> wife. :) Putting aside the 'correctness' of that for now... :)
>
> I have the ActiveSync 'position of reply text' pref in Horde set to
> Top. From my iPad through Horde replies always seem to be at the top
> by default, regardless of the setting.
>
> My S4 also seems to ignore it, but always bottom-posts (with a quote
> citation after it, as noted on the pref page). I have done a Horde
> AS device reset from the config page, but nothing changed.
>
> Does anyone else have any experience with this, and is there a way
> to make the S4 reply at the top (without manually inserting the
> cursor at the top of the text?

Would need to see exactly what is being sent to the server to
determine what is going on. There were some recent bugs fixed in
Horde_Core that addressed some of these issues (due to changes in EAS
14.1), though it's possible there are more.

FWIW, the pref will ONLY work when the client uses a "SMARTREPLY"
request where it sends only the new message body. If the client sends
the entire email there is nothing we can do to change where the client
places the reply text.
--
mike

The Horde Project (www.horde.org)