[horde] Problem with HTML compose [SOLVED]

sbasurto at soft-gator.com sbasurto at soft-gator.com
Tue Jul 16 21:44:50 UTC 2013

On Tue, 2013-07-16 at 16:15 -0500, sbasurto at soft-gator.com wrote:

> On Mon, 2013-07-15 at 14:35 -0500, sbasurto at soft-gator.com wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am having problems with HTML composition in Horde, if I compose a
> > message like:
> >
> > Hello from Horde with HTML.
> >
> > The message arrives with nothing on it.
> >
> > If i do the same without HTML composition it arrives OK.
> >

> > Any help or point to a source will be appreciated.
> >

> > Regards.
> > Sergio Basurto Juarez.
>
> Finally I trace the problem to the function _addExternalData in the file
> imp/lib/Compose.php, when I comment out the call to this function:
>
> if (empty($options['nofinal'])) {
>                  //$body_html = $this->_addExternalData($body_html);
> }
>
> Horde send the message OK. The version that I am using is Horde 5.0.2.
>
> I will se into the function in order to find out what is happening.
>
> Regards
> Sergio Basurto Juarez.

I find the problem with the function, the problem is as follows:

In the call to the function we find:
// Here the $body_html still with the correct value.
// Then the call to the function.

if (empty($options['nofinal'])) {
                 $body_html = $this->_addExternalData($body_html);
}

In the function:

 protected function _addExternalData($html)
    {
        /* Return immediately if related conversion is turned off via
         * configuration. */
        if (empty($GLOBALS['conf']['compose']['convert_to_related'])) {
            return;
        }
// more code here.

In my case I have the $GLOBALS['conf']['compose']['convert_to_related']
turned off. So returns with nothing, and in the call the variable
$body_html is equaled to what the function returns, so after the call it
contains nothing.

I solve this changing the code as follow:
protected function _addExternalData($html)
    {
        /* Return immediately if related conversion is turned off via
         * configuration. */
        if (empty($GLOBALS['conf']['compose']['convert_to_related'])) {
            return $html;
        }