[horde] Horde 5 / cPanel on Centos

Ralf Lang lang at b1-systems.de
Thu Jul 18 06:37:45 UTC 2013

> You will be pleased to hear that the next major cPanel release will
> update horde from 1.22 to 5.1 as rpm's.
> cPanel runs on centos 5+6 and is used by most webhosting companies.
> Some technical problems with the rpmification though with running
> some parts of `pear upgrade horde/webmail` in the postinstall script.
> Who is the best contact and how?

You don't need the webmail bundle package. It just includes other apps
and libraries as dependencies and provides some configuration.

You should rather install/configure the role and Require: the separate
horde apps you wish to include with cpanel.

See how we solved this for the suse package:

https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file/isv:B1-Systems:Horde5:rolling/php5-pear-Horde_Role?expand=1&file=php5-pear-Horde_Role.spec

/usr/bin/pear config-set horde_dir %{hordedir}

is equivalent to running the horde_role script

If you need any assistance, best ask on the list.

--
Ralf Lang
Linux Consultant / Developer
Mail: lang at b1-systems.de