[horde] Horde 5 / cPanel on Centos

Ralf Lang lang at b1-systems.de
Fri Jul 19 04:41:39 UTC 2013

Am 18.07.2013 19:15, schrieb Reini Urban:
> On 07/18/2013 01:37 AM, Ralf Lang wrote:
>>> You will be pleased to hear that the next major cPanel release will
>>> update horde from 1.22 to 5.1 as rpm's.
>>> cPanel runs on centos 5+6 and is used by most webhosting companies.
>>> Some technical problems with the rpmification though with running
>>> some parts of `pear upgrade horde/webmail` in the postinstall script.
>>> Who is the best contact and how?
>>
>> You don't need the webmail bundle package. It just includes other apps
>> and libraries as dependencies and provides some configuration.
>
> I want the horde-webmail bundle to have a single point of update,
> from where I can control the required conf.php and schema updates for
> all the various applications.
> E.g. when you bump imp, we don't want to include the conf and schema
> update logic in every single rpm. We rather bump horde-webmail also.
>
>> You should rather install/configure the role and Require: the separate
>> horde apps you wish to include with cpanel.
>>
>> See how we solved this for the suse package:
>>
>> https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file/isv:B1-Systems:Horde5:rolling/php5-pear-Horde_Role?expand=1&file=php5-pear-Horde_Role.spec
>>
>> /usr/bin/pear config-set horde_dir %{hordedir}
>>
>> is equivalent to running the horde_role script
>
> Yes, I already do that.
> I guess you will be happy to get the final rpm sources, right?
> fedora/centos want them also.

For openSUSE and SLES, I use an automated upgrade process.
But I'd like to see yours too.

> debian is also playing with right now, but I didn't see
> any clever update logic yet.

Debian already has Horde 5 in unstable project.

> My problem is that I have to patch the webmail/lib/Bundle.php logic
> to control pear upgrade webmail.
> We dont' want to check remote package versions (~2 minutes),
> just local conf and local schema's to be updated. This logic is required
> for rpm's and deb's.

> I haven't checked the opensuse spec files yet, will do today.
> Thanks for the link. Wonder how you add the cronjobs, and keep user conf
> modifications in the conf.php and databases.

We don't do this. openSUSE policy is against assuming that the DB or
other services have to be running at the point of upgrade.

--
Ralf Lang
Linux Consultant / Developer
Mail: lang at b1-systems.de