[horde] Fwd: ActiveSync: triplicate calendar entries on device (SOLVED, sort of)

Tom Seeley horde at tomseeley.co.uk
Thu Jul 18 12:09:45 UTC 2013

> with no additional CPO's sent to com.android.calendar. Note the
> "Sync finished" message from the Calendar provider. Unfortunately,
> unless you can pinpoint something that Horde is sending that is
> causing this behavior, there is really nothing we can do about it.

Ok, so on the basis that this was looking more like a problem with the
device than horde, I did the following:

. I deleted the Exchange activesync profile on the device.
. I rebooted the device
. I re-created the activesync profile on the device.

This actually made things worse, now I was seeing emails in triplicate
in addition to calendar entries in triplicate.

So I tried again, but this time I planned to clear out any data:

. I deleted the Exchange activesync profile on the device
. I deleted all stored data I could find that would be relevant, ie
calendar storage, email storage, exchange activesync storage.  This
was done through the settings->storage->applications menu on the device.
. I rebooted the device.

At this point I was about to re-create the profile when my phone went
ping! to alert me to a new message.  Given I had just deleted the
exchange profile this was confusing, but sure enough I now (fingers
crossed) seem to be back working again, with only 1 item being created
on the device for each serverside item.  Quite where that activesync
profile came from is a mystery.

Thanks for the help,

Tom.