[horde] Fwd: ActiveSync: triplicate calendar entries on device (SOLVED, sort of)

Steffen skhorde at smail.inf.fh-bonn-rhein-sieg.de
Thu Jul 18 14:07:53 UTC 2013

On Thu, 18 Jul 2013, Tom Seeley wrote:

> Ok, so on the basis that this was looking more like a problem with the device
> than horde, I did the following:
>
> . I deleted the Exchange activesync profile on the device.
> . I rebooted the device
> . I re-created the activesync profile on the device.
>
> This actually made things worse, now I was seeing emails in triplicate in
> addition to calendar entries in triplicate.
>
> So I tried again, but this time I planned to clear out any data:
>
> . I deleted the Exchange activesync profile on the device
> . I deleted all stored data I could find that would be relevant, ie calendar
> storage, email storage, exchange activesync storage.  This was done through
> the settings->storage->applications menu on the device.
> . I rebooted the device.
>
> At this point I was about to re-create the profile when my phone went ping!
> to alert me to a new message.  Given I had just deleted the exchange profile

I had to remove my Exchange profile twice in Android v4.2.2:

1) the entry in "Microsoft Exchange" / "Corporate"

2) a 2nd entry in the tab "Account settings", where you get from the same
tab as in 1)

The entry in the second tab seems to configure just the email settings,
but why the configuration is left there, when I delete the main account?

I found it out by accident, because Android did not let me re-create a
delete account again, claiming it already exists. So I tapped any setting
systematically until I found this second place.

Regards,

--
Steffen