[horde] Authentication issues

Steven Swarts steven at swartsit.com
Thu Jul 25 03:53:33 UTC 2013

On 25/07/2013 4:15 AM, Michael M Slusarz wrote:
> Quoting Steven Swarts <steven at swartsit.com>:
>
>> [Wed Jul 24 23:47:02 2013] [error] [client 58.XXX.135.XXX] PHP Fatal
>> error:  Uncaught exception 'Horde_Exception_PushApp' with message
>> 'User john at example.com.au is not authorized for Horde.' in
>> /usr/share/php/Horde/Registry.php:1517
>
> As the message indicates, that user is not allowed access to Horde.
> You need to configure Horde permissions correctly.
>
> michael

> Michael Slusarz [slusarz at horde.org]

Yes I can see that, but I don't understand why?
Horde is set to use IMP to authenticate, I have previously posted the
/imp/config/backends.local.php and the proof that the server has indeed
received the request for authentication. But I don't know why it doesn't
authenticate then? Is it because ISPConfig might use encryption and the
backends.local.php needs to have that set in it?

Steve