[horde] Authentication issues

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Thu Jul 25 05:09:11 UTC 2013

Quoting Steven Swarts <steven at swartsit.com>:

> On 25/07/2013 4:15 AM, Michael M Slusarz wrote:
>> Quoting Steven Swarts <steven at swartsit.com>:
>>
>>> [Wed Jul 24 23:47:02 2013] [error] [client 58.XXX.135.XXX] PHP
>>> Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'Horde_Exception_PushApp' with
>>> message 'User john at example.com.au is not authorized for Horde.' in
>>> /usr/share/php/Horde/Registry.php:1517
>>
>> As the message indicates, that user is not allowed access to Horde.
>>  You need to configure Horde permissions correctly.
>>
>> michael
>>
>> ___________________________________
>> Michael Slusarz [slusarz at horde.org]
>>

> Yes I can see that, but I don't understand why?
> Horde is set to use IMP to authenticate, I have previously posted
> the /imp/config/backends.local.php and the proof that the server has
> indeed received the request for authentication. But I don't know why
> it doesn't authenticate then? Is it because ISPConfig might use
> encryption and the backends.local.php needs to have that set in it?

I'm not talking about authentication to the IMAP server. I'm talking
about whether that user is allowed access to imp (or even horde
itself) via the Horde permission system. Your error message above
doesn't say anything about a failed authentication; it says the user
is not allowed to access horde itself.

michael