[horde] dovecot keywords for other users

Steffen skhorde at smail.inf.fh-bonn-rhein-sieg.de
Thu Aug 1 09:50:45 UTC 2013

On Wed, 31 Jul 2013, Király László wrote:

>> I think you misunderstand what I was saying.  IMAP flags are *NOT* intended
>> to be user viewable.  They are intended to map to a local label, which is
>> then showed to the viewer.  That is why a
>
> Ok, but imp doesn't have flag mapping. I mean, I can't give a label, and a
> real flag name for the IMAP server.

Er, the user preferences for "Mail" has "Flags", there you map IMAP flags
to the MUA behaviour. However, this page does not let you select the IMAP
keyword yourself. If all users have the same flag and spelling configured,
it should be the same for all users, IMHO. Well, maybe if there is already
a flag which differs only by non-ASCII-characters, say you want to share
flagó for all users, but one user has flagò already.

You could experiment with your configuration backend and put the flags to
all users:

table horde_prefs
pref_uid = '<<user>>' & pref_scope = 'imp' & pref_name = 'msgflags'

Now, think about an user that access this IMAP mailbox with another MUA,
say Thunderbird, Outlook, ClawMails, ... .

> What does then the 'show_all_flags' do in the config options?

As I understand it, if there is no mapping for one IMAP flag to Horde for
that particular user, that flag is hidden.

--
Steffen