[horde] Horde forgets session

Lukas Haase lukashaase at gmx.at
Thu Aug 1 16:59:52 UTC 2013

Hello,

I installed horde5 Webmail Edition from pear. I have the big problem
that horde always looses the session, sometimes very quickly (after
clicking on the first link) sometimes 2 minutes later. But the session
should last "forever":

$conf['session']['name'] = 'Horde';
$conf['session']['use_only_cookies'] = true;
$conf['session']['timeout'] = 0;
$conf['session']['cache_limiter'] = 'nocache';
$conf['session']['max_time'] = 72000;
$conf['auth']['checkip'] = true;
$conf['auth']['checkbrowser'] = true;

The IP and browser do NOT change! It is configured to authenticate
against imp:

$conf['auth']['params']['app'] = 'imp';

IMP is configured to use an IMAP server (dovecot) for authentication:

$servers['imap'] = array(
	'disabled' => false,
	'name' => 'Mailserver (IMAP)',
	'hostspec' => '192.168.200.1',
	'protocol' => 'imap',
	'secure' => 'ssl',
	'port' => 993,
	'maildomain' => 'example.com',
	'smtphost' => '192.168.200.1',
	'smtpport' => 25,
);

It's installed to webroot /horde. Therefore also the cookie is set properly:

$conf['cookie']['domain'] = $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'];
$conf['cookie']['path'] = '/horde';

The one thing I see in the logs is then for example:

HORDE: [horde] User luke [10.7.33.34] logged out of Horde [pid 20332 on
line 118 of "/srv/www/webmail/login.php"]
HORDE: User is not authorized for imp [pid 20818 on line 267 of
"/usr/share/php/Horde/Registry.php"]

Sometimes the application is not even stated:

User is not authorized [pid 15716 on line 267 of
"/usr/share/php/Horde/Registry.php"]

I tried to increase the logging level but it does not deliver more
unseful information *why* the user is not authorized.

The one thing I found was
http://lists.horde.org/archives/horde/Week-of-Mon-20130318/047055.html
but this is not helpful.

Additionally, users complain that horde "hangs": For example, when
sending mail, the hourglass/rotating circle appears and does not stop
forever. I do not know if this is related.

So far, this sounds like a bug to me.

Can anyone help me?
Thanks a lot!

Lukas