[horde] How to prevent syncml from from combining multiple email addresses into one...

Mehmet Giritli mgiritli at giritli.eu
Thu Aug 15 12:57:23 UTC 2013

On Tue, 2013-08-13 at 11:06 +0200, Jan Schneider wrote:
> Zitat von Mehmet Giritli <mgiritli at giritli.eu>:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I use syncml official client to sync contacts between horde with ldap
> > backend and my android phone. My many contacts naturally have multiple
> > email addresses. When I completely reload the device from server, I can
> > see multiple emails syncing up correctly. But When I sync something from
> > the device to server, contacts with multiple emails get their emails
> > combined (comma seperated) into one email field on the ldap server.
> >
> > For the second time I had to go through my contacts and spend an hour to
> > correct the corruption. Is there a way to prevent this from happening
> > and still sync new contacts from device to the server?
> >
> > Regards.
>
> What is an "official syncml client"?

Synthesis syncml client.

http://www.synthesis.ch/

> Anyway, without more information
> about your address book mappings there isn't much we can tell.

This is the addressbook that is selected for sync. Removed some data for
privacy.

$cfgSources['gollum.mehmet.sync'] = array(
    'disabled' => false,
     'title' => _("GOLLUM (Mehmet Sync)"),
     'type' => 'ldap',
     'params' => array(
         'server' => '',
         'port' => 389,
         'tls' => true,
        'version' => 3,
         'root' => '',
         'bind_dn' => '',
         'bind_password' => '',
         'dn' => array('uid'),
         'objectclass' => array('top',
                                'person',
                                'organizationalPerson',
                                'inetOrgPerson',
                                'evolutionPerson'),
         'scope' => 'sub',
         'charset' => 'utf-8',
'filter' => '&(objectClass=person)(!(cn=admin))',

     ),
     'map' => array(
         '__key' => 'dn',
         '__uid' => 'uid',
         'name' => 'cn',
        'firstname' => 'givenName',
        'lastname' => 'sn',
        'middlenames' => 'initials',
         'emails' => 'mail',
         'photo' => 'jpegPhoto',
        'category' => 'category',
        'nickname' => 'displayName',
        'fileas' => 'fileAs',
        'notes' => 'note',
         'homePhone' => 'homephone',
         'workPhone' => 'telephonenumber',
         'cellPhone' => 'mobile',
         'otherPhone' => 'otherPhone',
        'homeFax' => 'homeFacsimileTelephoneNumber',
        'fax' => 'otherFacsimileTelephoneNumber',
        'workFax' => 'facsimileTelephoneNumber',
         'homeAddress' => 'homepostaladdress',
         'workAddress' => 'postaladdress',
        'commonAddress' => 'otherpostaladdress',
        'website' => 'labeledURI',
        'birthday' => 'birthDate',
        'anniversary' => 'anniversary',
     ),
     'search' => array(
         'name',
        'middlenames',
         'emails',
         'homePhone',
         'workPhone',
         'cellPhone',
         'homeAddress'
     ),

     'strict' => array(
         'dn',
     ),
     'approximate' => array(
         'cn',
     ),
     'export' => true,
     'browse' => true,
);

> Beside
> that, it might well be the client that is sending a single address
> field. Enable SyncML logging and see what the client sends.

I looked into "/tmp/sync/data.txt" and I can clearly see that client is
sending separate email fields, one for each email address. I'm not
sending the file here for privacy reasons but I can send it privately to
your email address if necessary.

I actually thought that this is related to
http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/9554 and thus a known issue?