[horde] X-UA-Compatible support

William Lovaton williama_lovaton at coomeva.com.co
Thu Aug 15 13:33:37 UTC 2013

> Zitat von William Lovaton <williama_lovaton at coomeva.com.co>:
>
> > Hello there,
> >
> > First post here for me.
> >
> > I've been using Horde for a while at my company's new mail system and
> > it's been really great so far (more than 16 thousand accounts).
> >
> > I'm using Horde 5.0.4 and IMP 6.0.4 and the problem I have is that it
> > doesn't look good in IExplorer 7.  But this is not the real problem, the
> > thing is that this being a corporate setting the default IExplorer
> > setting (via GPO) is to have the Compatibility Mode on.
> >
> > This causes IExplorer to advertise it self to the web server as version
> > 7 even when the real version is mostly 9 or 10 (there are a few
> > IExplorers 8 but they are a minority).
> >
> > Now, I thought this could have been fixed by configuring specific
> > subdomains in IExplorer to apply the Compatibility Mode but Microsoft
> > made an stupid decision of not allowing subdomains.  This setting
> > affects the whole base domain and their subdomains!!...  Unbelievable!!.
> >
> > I've been searching the mailing list and there are some discussions
> > about supporting the X-UA-Compatible header to solve this type of
> > problem but I don't know if there is any final decision about this.
> >
> > I'm planning to update Horde to 5.1.2 and IMP to 6.1.3 and I'd like to
> > know if there is an option to solve this problem with the updated
> > versions... or maybe someone else have a an idea of how to deal with
> > this situation.
> >
> > Thanks a lot for your attention,
> >

> > William
>
> For the record, IE 7 is not supported anymore, thus we don't support
> compatibility mode, in any Horde 5 version. Modern web applications
> require modern browsers.
> You can add the X-UA-Compatible header to
> horde/templates/common/header.html.php yourself though.

I did something similar and it didn't work.  I added the header in
apache with the following:

	Header set X-UA-Compatible "IE=Edge,chrome=1" env=ie

I verified and the header is getting to the client but still the page
looks in the minimal mode.  And this is because Horde is detecting that
the client is IExplorer 7 and then it sends a crippled page, at this
point there is nothing the header can do something about, it's too late.

The solution would be for Horde to send the full functional page and
then hope for the best telling IExplorer that it should use the latest
render engine available.

Cheers,

William