[horde] [Solvd] Re: Nag ignores Rewrite or Get-based URLs

Steven Swarts steven at swartsit.com
Mon Aug 19 01:17:25 UTC 2013

On 17/08/2013 3:54 AM, Vilius Sumskas/LNK wrote:
>> put it

>> without

>> was
>> changed
>> gets used
>> module

>> not
>> constitutes a
>> AllowOverride
>> Thanks for

>>> G'day Henning,
>>>
>>> I have the same symptoms as you did, however I'm using Apache
>> 2.2.16
>>> - Debian system.
>>>
>>> So where did you change that code?
>>>
>>> /etc/apache/conf.d/horde.conf
>>>
>>> or
>>>
>>> /*where*ever*/horde/.htaccess
>>>
>>> or somewhere else?
>>>
>>> Steve
>> this needs to be done in the Apache configuration (you're telling
>> Apache what to permit in .htaccess files, so putting it in .htaccess
>>
>> would be rather... strange ;) ).
>>
>> As it seems that your Horde-specific Apache configuration is in
>> /etc/apache/conf.d/horde.conf (notably the <Directory> or <Location>
>>
>> statement for Horde's root dir), that's the place to change.
> A small correction: AllowOverride will only work in <Directory> context.

Ok so this is what I have... only possible way I can get the rest of
Horde to work (minus Nag) is to set AllowOverride to None... Any other
setup and it won't start Apache.
I have Debian 6 system, with Apache version...

root at mail:~/backup# apache2ctl -v
Server version: Apache/2.2.16 (Debian)
Server built:   Mar  3 2013 12:09:44

Alias /autodiscover/autodiscover.xml /var/www/horde/rpc.php
Alias /Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync /var/www/horde/rpc.php

Alias /Autodiscover/Autodiscover.xml /var/www/horde/rpc.php
Alias /AutoDiscover/AutoDiscover.xml /var/www/horde/rpc.php

Alias /horde /var/www/horde
Alias /webmail /var/www/horde

<Directory /var/www/horde>
            Options +FollowSymLinks
            AllowOverride None
#          AllowOverride Fileinfo Nonfatal=All
#           AllowOverride +FileInfo
            order allow,deny
            allow from all
            AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
            php_value include_path ".:/usr/share/php"
            php_value open_basedir "none"
            php_value upload_tmp_dir "/var/www/horde/phptmp/"
</Directory>

Regards,
Steve