[horde] trouble upgrading to webmail 5.1

Gary witscher at gmail.com
Mon Aug 19 04:53:09 UTC 2013

Quoting Patrick Wolf <pwolf at socorro.com>:

> Hi,
>
> I'm currently running Horde Groupware Webmail Edition 5.0.4
>
> In searching for how to upgrade to the latest, I believe I did it
> wrong.  I ran an install with
>
> pear install -a -B horde/webmail
> webmail-install
>
> When I restarted my webserver, I am still presented with the same
> version 5.0.4.  So I searched a bit more and discovered that it
> seems I should have run
>
> pear upgrade -a -B horde/webmail
>
> instead.
>
> So I ran that and get the response "Nothing to upgrade."
>
> I'm lost at how I resolve this and haven't been able to find any
> help going through archived mailing list entries.
>
> Any suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> By the way, I'm running CentOS 6.4
>
> Pat
> --

It might be that you have two separate installations. When you ran the
latest install, you had to tell pear where to install horde. That
location is then written in a config file and used for future update
commands. If your original location was different, you could still be
using it and not even see the latest location.

Just an idea.

Gary