[horde] Anyone Running Horde with Apache 2.4 yet?

Andy Dorman adorman at ironicdesign.com
Wed Aug 28 15:12:18 UTC 2013

I am trying to get Horde Groupware Webmail Edition (Debian package
5.1.1-1 with php-horde 5.1.2) running with Apache 2.4.  It was
previously working fine with Apache 2.2.

Now when I go to /index.php I get
------------------
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /index.php on this server.
Apache/2.4.6 (Debian) Server at beta.mail.homefreemail.com Port 80
------------------

If anyone has made this switch, any details on what you had to change to
go from Apache 2.2.x -> Apache 2.4.x would be greatly appreciated.

I updated the .htaccess file in Horde's root dir per the recommendations
at https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/upgrading.html (and yes, I
understand I should not edit that file...for now I am just trying to get
Horde running under A 2.4 on my dev server)

The Apache upgrade docs include this note about common problems:
"htaccess files aren't being processed - Check for an appropriate
AllowOverride directive; the default changed to None in 2.4.

I have added this directive to my <VirtualHost *:80>

   <Directory /usr/share/horde>
     AllowOverride All
   </Directory>

and this is my current /usr/share/horde/.htaccess

# IMPORTANT: DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE!
# It will be overwritten with any future upgrade.

Require all granted

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
     RewriteEngine On
     RewriteRule .* - [env=HTTP_AUTHORIZATION:%{HTTP:Authorization}]
     RewriteCond   %{REQUEST_FILENAME}  !-d
     RewriteCond   %{REQUEST_FILENAME}  !-f
     RewriteRule ^(.*)$ rampage.php [QSA,L]
</IfModule>

Thank you for any feedback on this upgrade.

--
Andy Dorman