[horde] ActiveSync Multiple Calenders

lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de
Fri Sep 6 08:42:39 UTC 2013

Zitat von Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>:

> In the meantime, I had fired up my Exchange VM and tested it against
> my iPod touch. This did not show additional
> calendars, nor did any of my Android clients, nor third party
> clients (running on android).
>
> HOWEVER, I also tested my wife's iPhone 5 and that *did* show the
> multiple calendars. So, this is definitely device/OS dependent.
> While this wouldn't be *too* hard to implement, since it's not
> supported in a vast majority of clients it can't be done
> unconditionally. We don't want to take the existing functionality
> away from people that are already using it. I'll be more than happy
> to implement this sooner, rather than later, if someone will step up
> and offer to sponsor it.

I guess the iPhone still has iOS 6.x not 7, no? With this around 30%
percent of the Phones will be able to use multiple calendars. So it
boils down to the following:

- What will be the side effects when using this with Phones which
doesn't support it (Androids)

- What amount of sponsoring we are talking about

- What will be the controls to manage this behaviour eg. will it
possible to decide at least to some degree which Phones/Devices to
provide what kind of syncing multiple calendars

Regards

Andreas