[horde] ActiveSync Multiple Calenders

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Thu Sep 5 16:51:39 UTC 2013

Quoting lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de:

> Zitat von Anna Christina Naß <acn at annachristina.eu>:

>>> Luckily for me, this came up in english. This must have either
>>> changed, or was different for Google Apps for business. This
>>> absolutely did not work for free accounts.
>>
>> That is not true. I used to have a free "Google Apps for your
>> domain" account until last year for my 2 domains and I did not pay
>> any cent for it.
>> And it worked really well, no problems like phone numbers which are
>> entered into /dev/null after syncing or sth. like that.
>>
>> Regards.
>> Anna Christina Naß
>
> To my knowledge Google have (annouced) stopped providing ActiveSync
> for the "free" accounts. The payed accounts were not affected and as
> of today Google has not really enforced the limitation for free
> accounts.

Yes, but that's not the point :)  The discussion was about if it
worked when it was available and if it worked as a pure EAS protocol.

> http://thenextweb.com/microsoft/2013/08/01/google-extends-microsofts-access-to-exchange-activesync-until-december-31/

Interesting.

> The main question is also if the multiple calender per ActiveSync
> account was/is working with Google as ActiveSync Server?

In the meantime, I had fired up my Exchange VM and tested it against
my iPod touch. This did not show additional calendars, nor did any of
my Android clients, nor third party clients (running on android).

HOWEVER, I also tested my wife's iPhone 5 and that *did* show the
multiple calendars. So, this is definitely device/OS dependent. While
this wouldn't be *too* hard to implement, since it's not supported in
a vast majority of clients it can't be done unconditionally. We don't
want to take the existing functionality away from people that are
already using it. I'll be more than happy to implement this sooner,
rather than later, if someone will step up and offer to sponsor it.
--
mike

The Horde Project (www.horde.org)
mrubinsk at horde.org