[horde] VFS inoperable when changing from SQL to NoSQL driver

Arjen de Korte arjen+horde at de-korte.org
Wed Sep 11 17:54:37 UTC 2013

Citeren Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>:

> Zitat von Arjen de Korte <arjen+horde at de-korte.org>:
>
>> I tried switching from SQL to NoSQL for the Virtual File Storage.
>> In the Virtual File Storage Settings I changed the $conf[vfs][type]
>> from 'SQL database' to 'NoSQL database' (which propagated to
>> config/conf.php, where the value changed from 'Sql' to 'Nosql').
>> But whatever I try, I can't seem to get this to work. When
>> attempting to upload a 1 MB attachment in a new message (which
>> takes about 10 seconds with the SQL backend), even after waiting
>> several minutes, uploading is not finished. Switching back to SQL
>> database again and it works again.
>>
>> NoSQL seems to be working for IMP though, since when I look in the
>> phpMoAdmin what is happening, I can see that
>> horde_imap_client_cache_{data,mesagge,metadata} exist (and are
>> growing). But I would expect something like a horde_vfs_{something}
>> too, but there isn't. Did I miss a step when changing from SQL to
>> NoSQL? This is with the latest packages from PEAR.
>
> Try running the unit tests for Horde_Vfs. Create conf.php in
> pear/test/Horde_Vfs/Horde_Vfs and then run AllTests.php on the
> command line. Make sure you have Horde_Test with all dependencies
> installed too.

That doesn't work:

PHP Fatal error:  Class 'Horde_Vfs_TestBase' not found in
/usr/share/php5/PEAR/test/Horde_Vfs/Horde/Vfs/FtpTest.php on line 17

I was just wondering if there was something obvious I forgot to do.
Apparently not. Since the SQL backend is working fine here, I'm in no
hurry to switch to NoSQL, so I'll leave it alone. I just vaguely
remember that NoSQL was suggested to be a better option for VFS than
SQL (can't remember the reason), so I figured I might try that out.