[horde] FreeBSD 9.2-RC2 Horde-Webmail 5.1.2 issue

Per olof Ljungmark peo at intersonic.se
Fri Sep 13 18:53:31 UTC 2013

On 2013-09-13 00:46, Paul Pathiakis wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Further testing shows that I can connect to the remote database
> server with the username specified and the database that I give to
> the webmail-install script.
>
> Something may be wrong with that script.
>
> (I did turn on full debugging on that script including information,
> it doesn't seem to be unhappy.)
>
> Is there a way for me to track this script's database connectivity
> attempt?

You have to turn on proper logging. We run Horde on FreBSD with
excellent result.

This is an example... there are more than one way to do it as I'm sure
you know.

config/conf.php

$conf['log']['priority'] = 'NOTICE'; /* you can put DEBUG here */
$conf['log']['ident'] = 'HORDE';
$conf['log']['name'] = LOG_LOCAL3;
$conf['log']['type'] = 'syslog';
$conf['log']['enabled'] = true;

/etc/syslog.conf :

local3.info  /var/log/horde.log

/usr/local/etc/php.ini :

log_errors = On
error_log = /var/log/httpd/php/php-error.log

And then of course the web server error log.
And then of course the database server log

Then post suspicious log entries to the list.

//per