[horde] Horde on a webhosting package

Steven Swarts steven at swartsit.com
Sat Sep 14 04:04:25 UTC 2013

On 14/09/2013 11:02 AM, Steven Swarts wrote:
> G'day guys,
>
> I currently have Horde running on my own server, but I'm migrating my
> website and emails to a reseller package system - cPanel. Now they
> boast Horde, but its way out dated and only when cPanel 11.40 comes
> out will they support Horde 5; currently they are on 11.38 I think.
>
> Anyway what I would like to know is if I can install horde without
> having full ssh installation abilities?
> I have chrooted ssh, limited to general commands and when I type #
> pear it shows up the pear commands.
>
> Anyone done this before? Can I do it? Any problems with this?
>
> I was thinking of just installing it to
> http://www.techcare.net.au/horde5 or something
>
> */Regards,/*
>
> */Steven Swarts/*

Ok so I followed the install into separate PEAR, as I couldn't get
access to the local PEAR.
Everything works fine up until this command:

username at example.com # PHP_PEAR_SYSCONF_DIR=~/public_html/horde php -d
include_path=~/public_html/horde/pear/php
~/public_html/horde/pear/webmail-install

Warning: require_once(~/public_html/horde/lib/Application.php): failed
to open stream: No such file or directory in
/home/example/public_html/horde/pear/webmail-install on line 17

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required
'~/public_html/horde/lib/Application.php'
(include_path='/home/example/public_html/horde/pear/php') in
/home/example/public_html/horde/pear/webmail-install on line 17

The doc's say this:

If you installed Horde Groupware Webmail Edition into the global PEAR
system, this script should be in your command path. If the script cannot
be found in your path, you need to specify the full path to the script,
e.g.:

/var/www/webmail/pear/webmail-install

You can use the pear command to find the place where the script has been
installed:

pear config-get bin_dir

If you installed into a local PEAR installation, you need to tell PHP
and PEAR where to find the installation and the script, e.g.:

PHP_PEAR_SYSCONF_DIR=/var/www/webmail php \
     -d include_path=/var/www/webmail/pear/php \
     /var/www/webmail/pear/webmail-install

I used the last one because I have a cPanel hosting, and I installed into a local PEAR repository.
Should I use the other option?

In my case the command:

username at example.com # ~/public_html/horde/pear/webmail-install

Regards,