[horde] Activesync auth problems with GIT since X.509 certificate commit ?

Tomi Orava Tomi.Orava at ncircle.nullnet.fi
Sat Sep 14 19:20:45 UTC 2013

On 09/13/2013 04:30 PM, Michael J Rubinsky wrote:

> Quoting Tomi Orava <Tomi.Orava at ncircle.nullnet.fi>:
>
>> <snip>
>>

>>> Yeah, the logger is not being instantiated correctly. However, it's just easier to use Horde::debug() for this type of stuff. It will dump the output into a file called horde_debug.txt located in your system's tmp directory.
>>>
>>> So, after you change back to using $this->_getAuth(), add this right before the final return statement in _getAuth method:
>>>
>>> Horde::debug($obj);
>>>

>>> This should dump the auth object to the horde_debug.txt file.
>>
>> Ok, that explains ...
>>
>> I've added the output from the _getAuth() as attachment
>> as its somewhat long. Perhaps it tells you what goes wrong in
>> this case. I have no problems in continuing on the list, it's
>> just that these logs are long and I might miss some details or
>> passwords by mistake, that I don't want to publish to everyone.
>>
>> Tomi O.
>
> From what I can see, it looks like everything is setup correctly.
>
> Are you using any username or authenticate hooks by any chance?

No additional hooks of any kind. I haven't had the time to try to
investigate this problem more deeply, especially as I can currently
workaround it and therefore this is not really critical priority for
me.

BTW. Has anyone ever seen another quite wierd activesync problem
     where only the Samsung Galaxy S3 gets 3-4 copies of every single
     incoming mail if the "push" mode is enabled ?
     None of the other android etc. clients have this problem and
     S3 is perfectly happy as well, if I use any of the fixed or manual
     poll intervals. This "feature" has been there for quite a long time
     and I just remembered it while testing this login problem.