[horde] caldav client timeouts

lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de
Tue Sep 24 09:57:35 UTC 2013

Zitat von Mehmet Giritli <mgiritli at giritli.eu>:

> So I noticed that disabling the recurring events makes the problem go
> away! Of course this is no solution but I can reproduce this every time
> I have a recurring event in the calendar.
>
> I filed a bug report for this:
>
> http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/12699
>
> Currently the bugzilla seems to be down so I'll put this new info in the
> report as well once it is accessible again. But until then if someone
> could look into this, it would be really great! I can't do without
> recurring events...
>
> Thanks.
>
> On Wed, 2013-09-18 at 11:00 +0300, Mehmet Giritli wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm tring to figure out a timeout problem that I've been having since
>> the first day I started using horde caldav server. It used to worked
>> once in a while but now it doesnt work at all for me.
>>
>> The problem is that, and this is with different clients of android
>> caldav sync adapter, evolution  and thunderbird on linux, when a client
>> connects, it timeouts without syncing any calendars.
>>
>> The server is apache and mysql combo and I don't have any problems like
>> this with apache or other apps on the server using mysql. These include
>> wordpress, gallery and of course horde. Horde also functions properly
>> except this problem. I haven't ever witnessed a server timeout like this.
>>
>> Anyway, I used tdpflow application to record a complete session using
>> android client to sync calendars (traffic.log). As you can see, at some
>> point the server does not respond anymore. I don't see any extra load on
>> any processes on the server side when this happens. apache and mysql
>> logs are clean, can't see anything out of the ordinary.
>>
>> I also set the debug mode for horde and got the logs. I don't see
>> anything weird in there....
>>
>> Anyway, if you can help me solve this problem it would be really
>> appreciated. Thank you.

Hm, this reminds me of a similar problem we once had. The Webserver
was not allowed to do "ftp" transfers and therefore no timezone
information (Olson Database) could be downloaded. With this CalDAV
simply stalled on events with timezone set. Maybe check if your Server
is able to get the timezone and the URL in the Horde configuration is
correct.

Regards

Andreas