[horde] Blacklist and forwarding

Vilius Sumskas/LNK vilius at lnk.lt
Wed Oct 9 12:21:36 UTC 2013

> Hi Everybody.
> Thanks for the answers.
>
> The statement from Vilius really makes me change my perception about the
> blacklisting feature, where I believe is made to block a single
mailaddress
> like a at a.com. But I don't see another option to make the forwarding
process
> easier to the user.
> I believe that my suggestion can work because DSPAM will be trained
based on
> the signature (token) of the header of the message, no matter who the
sender
> is.

I understand that, but DSPAM (or any other spam training techniques) have
nothing to do with blacklisting. So what I'm trying to say is that you
should NOT try to use blacklist for that.

> Is possible to implement that? I mean, when I  right-click an e-mail and
> select blacklist, the system performs this extra step.

As Michael already said - no. But it makes no sense to do this... see my
above reply.

> Is there another option? Like activate the report spam feature and
attach it
> to a forwarding process.

Yes exactly IMP has a spam reporting functionality, see IMP's
configuration for more details. You can also search Google with something
like "IMP spam reporting". You just need to specify your program or shell
script which will be responsible for reporting and that's it. And TELL
users to choose Mark As Spam instead of Blacklist when they right-click
email.

For example in spamassassin you specify "/usr/bin/spamassassin -r", in
Razor you can use "/usr/bin/razor-report" for spam and
"/usr/bin/razor-revoke" for ham. I'm not sure how DSPAM works but I
suppose it should have a possibility to report this similary. If not, then
just create a shell script on your own and make it send email to the
address you need. It should be like 2 or 3 lines of code.

--
   Vilius