[horde] Sort names in shared address books

Dominik Erdmann horde_mailing at der-domi.de
Fri Oct 18 19:24:11 UTC 2013

Am 12.10.2013 11:32, schrieb Jan Schneider:

> I completely lost you what is working for who in which situation and
> what not.

I tried a few things and now - by accident - I found out how to
reproduce the behavior.

- It is best to log in with a new user/account to Horde.
- Create some contacts or import the attached file.
- Open the "New Message" window and choose a recipient from the address
   book. You see that the name are unsorted. Each "Select the format
   used to sort names" option from the preferences will be ignored. The
   names are sorted by "Lastname, Firstname". (see Pic1.jpg)
- Open the address book and click on the header "Name" to sort the
   contacts.
- If you now choose an email address for a new message from the address
   book the names are sorted by the selected option from the preferences.
   (see Pic2.jpg)

correct sort-option. That's not what I expect.
Now the question: Does make it sense to open a new bug report to clarify
if this behavior is a bug or a feature?

Best Regards,
Dominik