[horde] Evolution truncates UID data of contacts?

Mehmet Giritli mgiritli at giritli.eu
Sun Oct 27 14:10:05 UTC 2013

Hi,

I was having problems with syncing some contacts over syncml to my android and I traced the problem down to evolution. But I am still not sure where the fault is, which is what this message is about.

I have a contact with:

UID:20131019142122.tHk3U8POna01Q9-EJfNy8w6@(my horde server hostname)

and when this contact is edited through Evolution mail client on linux, after the edit I noticed that UID is changed to:

UID:http://mgiritli@(my horde server hostname)/rpc.php/addressbooks/mgiritli/contact
 s%3arz_dY3SUJ_5PUMYhK3NBK2A/glu7Zkz1B_T2as08405TJw1.vcf

(appears as two lines when I directly download the contact from horde)

and I think that this is causing synthesis syncml client to reject these contacts. But otherwise horde functions properly and does not get bothered by the change in any noticable way.

I compared the contacts before and after editing with evo and UID is the only thing that is changed. And after the edit, syncml client rejects the contact.

Is there something illegal regarding vcard standard that evolution does with the above change?

If so, why is horde allowing it? Shouldn't horde discard the update/return an error if this is the case?

Thanks.