[horde] Cannot longer login as administrator

gerard breiner gerard.breiner at ias.u-psud.fr
Sun Oct 27 19:11:20 UTC 2013

Hello,

Since a few days I can't get a login as admin except as simple user
from our webmail which is installed on a  debian machine A. However I
can have a login as admin on another machine B with exactly the same
database and horde&pear distribution. Given that it seems that the
horde distribution are not in cause.
Moreover I must delete the cookie from my navigator so that to have
again the hand for a login.

On the machine A  php version is  5.4.4-14 + deb7u4 (can't get a login
as admin)
On the machine B  php version is 5.4.4-12 (login as admin works)

The line in conf.php where admins users are defined

$conf['auth']['admins'] = array('webadm', 'netadm', 'gbreiner');

Can you please give tell me how this line is used. I mean, I suppose
that somewhere there is a condition "if $user belong at the group
"admins" then do something".

Thanks in advance.

Best regards.

Gérard Breiner