[horde] Couple of Items - Signature When Replying, Not Authorized To Use IMP

Jens-U. Mozdzen jmozdzen at nde.ag
Tue Oct 29 10:20:56 UTC 2013

Hi Simon,

Zitat von Simon B <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com>:
> [...]
> I think we all hate sigs, but PR and company policies (albeit it misguided
> ones) and even some legal departments require them.

-1

I do use signatures - those of the emails I receive, to look up
contact and/or company information of those I do not deal with every
day. I remember having received an email from such a person, dig it
out of my email store and scroll to the bottom of that email to look
up what I need. (That's why I *dislike* sigs that have the now-a-days
much too common lines about not to print the email in order to save
resources. That stuff clobbers up the *essential* information.)

And actually those company policies needn't be "misguided" - there are
countries (Germany being one) where certain signature information is
actually required by law. Not under every circumstances, but instead
of risking expensive law suites, it is easier to tell the general
company user to add a company-designed signature to every business
email.

> And whilst I agree top-posting is wrong in every sense we are never going
> to win that argument with a salesperson, executive, or normal user who most
> frequently doesn't want to see, or already knows what was written below.

I've actually received complaints that "inserting my response
intersected with the original message makes reading it too hard". More
often than not, the same people seem to miss anything below my second
line of response, no matter if I top-post for them or not. Go figure.

Regards,
Jens