[horde] Horde Alarms / Reminder Notifications

Brian Spraker spraker at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 3 13:30:53 UTC 2013

No one knows how to correct the issue with the automatic e-mail notifications for kronolith reminders?  I have discovered that if you are logged into webmail, the e-mail reminders do work.  But if not logged in, they are not sent because of that 'Server denied authentication' error message.

Thanks for any help!

Brian S.

On Friday, November 1, 2013 4:41 PM, Brian Spraker <spraker at yahoo.com> wrote:

Since the upgrade to Horde 5, the reminder notifications for items in the calendar have ceased to work.  There is a cron job setup to run the horde-alarms.php file in the pear directory.

>I see that in the documentation, it says a cron job should be setup to reference /usr/bin/horde-alarms.  But this file doesn't exist.
>
>There was a separate pear installation and all done with the setup I have.  Horde 5 was installed in the same exact folder as Horde 5 - so the cron job should have remained the same.
>
>For debugging, the cron job was changed somewhat so I could see the output.  This is what was received:
>

>Fatal Error:
Server denied authentication.
In /home/bsntech-com/www/webmail/pear/php/Horde/Smtp.php on line 423