[horde] Horde Alarms / Reminder Notifications

Brian Spraker spraker at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 1 21:41:18 UTC 2013

Since the upgrade to Horde 5, the reminder notifications for items in the calendar have ceased to work.  There is a cron job setup to run the horde-alarms.php file in the pear directory.

I see that in the documentation, it says a cron job should be setup to reference /usr/bin/horde-alarms.  But this file doesn't exist.

There was a separate pear installation and all done with the setup I have.  Horde 5 was installed in the same exact folder as Horde 5 - so the cron job should have remained the same.

For debugging, the cron job was changed somewhat so I could see the output.  This is what was received:

Fatal Error:
Server denied authentication.
In /home/bsntech-com/www/webmail/pear/php/Horde/Smtp.php on line 423
There isn't any SMTP Authentication required on our systems since anything sent from the localhost is allowed.

Brian S.