[horde] Create default folders on login

francis picabia fpicabia at gmail.com
Fri Nov 8 20:26:09 UTC 2013

Hi,

I had this working on Horde webmail 4 but I don't remember how
default folders are created on login.  I've upgraded to 5.1.3, created
a new user for testing, and no folders are created on first login.

I found this:

http://wiki.horde.org/CustomizingPreferences#toc15

I put that function in hooks.local.php under horde/config
The function is defined inside class Horde_Hooks
just like another function I have in there for setting fullname
(that one works).

Then in imp/config/prefs.php I added:

// list of folders to create
$_prefs['folderlist'] = array(
    'drafts_folder' => 'Drafts',
    'sent_mail_folder' => 'Sent',
    'spam_folder' => 'Spam',
    'trash_folder' => 'Trash'
);

Also tried defining folderlist like above in imp/config/prefs.d/10-webmail.php
and in horde/config/prefs.d/10-webmail.php

Then also in horde/config/registry.local.php I tried adding:

$this->applications['imp']['folderlist'] = array(
    'drafts_folder' => 'Drafts',
    'sent_mail_folder' => 'Sent',
    'spam_folder' => 'Spam',
    'trash_folder' => 'Trash'
);

Restarted apache and logged in fresh for each attempt.

Either way, the folders are not created - checking with ls -l
command on the cyrus mail directory for the testuser.

Nothing in error_log from apache...

What am I doing wrong?