[horde] ActiveSync and Nexus 5 / Kitkat / contacts sync fixed

Robert Schetterer rs at sys4.de
Sun Nov 10 12:52:33 UTC 2013

Am 10.11.2013 08:32, schrieb Robert Schetterer:

>>> Yes. In addition to email, all of my contacts and calendar
>>> entries were successfully synchronized. All initially were
>>> loaded from Horde and edits on both the Horde and client side
>>> were successfully synced back.
>
> Hm ,so i have some miracle here, i would consider my Turba install
> broken, but it works with carddav beta, outlook 2013, also tzpush
> coders install behaves the same then mine, couldnt download
> contacts from server
>

>> Also, I wouldn't give too much trust to the APK you installed
>> from 4.4 on the 4.3 system. The entire Exchange stack is very
>> interconnected, so replacing one or two parts of it from
>> packages from a newer point release is asking for trouble.
>
> I agree, but what ever chance to try if it does not work, with
> "native" app,  there is no relevant error in sync logs seen,
> beside that changes on the server in contacts are not getting
> noticed, again mail and calendar are working fine
>

> Best Regards MfG Robert Schetterer

Hi i finally got contacts sync fixed ( kitkat and native jelly bean
email app exchange mode )

lots of tests show that it was a account related problem
using /usr/share/horde/pear/horde-remove-user-data script on the
account and manual recover device id in sql fixed the problem, no idea
what exact got broken and why. So i will see if i got tzpush work in
Tb and/or its related to crash the account abook

Best Regards
MfG Robert Schetterer

- --
[*] sys4 AG