[horde] ActiveSync and Nexus 5 / Kitkat

Tom Seeley horde at tomseeley.co.uk
Sun Nov 10 21:28:08 UTC 2013

> Quoting Tom Seeley <horde at tomseeley.co.uk>:
>
>> Has anybody tried this?
>>
>> I'm having all sorts of issue and I'd like to check if it was just me.
>
> I don't have a device capable of running KitKat to any appreciable
> extent, so I have not tested this. What kinds of problems are you
> having? Do you have a sync log?

I have 2 nexus 5's, both have had problems, although I appear to have
fixed one without any idea as to how.

Unfortunately problem occurs on the client side, and I've no idea how
to get a log of this:

1. initial sync appear to work fine:
   a) all the contacts appear
   b) recent inbox appears
   c) calendar seems to be up to date, but there isn't much of this so
I'm not sure

2. then (probably a min after the initial sync appears to have
finished) the contents of the contacts vanishes.

3. if I do anything to the client copy of the mailbox (ie delete or
read a message) and then try and sync the changes back to the server,
I get a blank mailbox (it says I have no messages), sometimes
"Exchange services" crashes on the device.

4. even if I don't make any changes as above, the mailbox will appear
empty sometime later

Note that this was happening on both Nexus 5's, so I doubt its a
broken device.  If its a client bug I'm guessing its software.

Regards to server sync logs:

http://www.tomseeley.co.uk/kitkatsynclog.txt

is a sync initiated from the device (ie a specific request to check
for messages) after making a local change (in this case I marked an
email as unread).  After this sync, the device was claiming I had no
messages.

Regards,

Tom.