[horde] ActiveSync and Nexus 5 / Kitkat

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Sun Nov 10 22:51:57 UTC 2013

Quoting Tom Seeley <horde at tomseeley.co.uk>:

> Quoting Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>:
>
>> The log shows successful sync of both a client and server change,
>> but for some reason, the client decides to nuke it's hierarchy
>> state and request a new FOLDERSYNC. No idea why, at least not from
>> the information presented in this portion of the log.
>
> FWIW, It isn't happening when connected to a genuine Exchange
> server, but the content (ie email) isn't the same so I don't think
> that is a great test in this case.
>
> Also, there appear to be quite a few complaints about the stability
> of the ActiveSync functionality on the nexus 5 (including one nasty
> bug that is effecting Zimbra users), so the problem might not be
> related to Horde.

Yeah, I was reading about some of those. At least one of them (the
"incorrect" 0 value of WINDOWSIZE) is actually a server error that
Horde handles correctly (a value of 0 is allowed and is interpreted as
512).

Anyway, I'll leave the simulator running a while and see if anything
happens. Hopefully a 4.4 update will fix whatever issue is occurring
soon - I'd like to upgrade to a 4.4 device :)
--
mike

The Horde Project (www.horde.org)
mrubinsk at horde.org