[horde] iPhone and Notes - Solved

lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de
Fri Nov 15 11:40:44 UTC 2013

Zitat von Christopher Neuhaus <cne at ruhrverband.de>:

> Hi Andreas!
>
> Your message got me to the solution:
> I´m still syncing by the standard-value of the Android ActiveSync
> setting "Push" BUT increase  $conf[activesync][ping][heartbeatmin]
> to 120 and $conf[activesync][ping][waitinterval] to 20, whereas I
> allow devices to manage the heartbeat.
>
> Increasing this values could be phs. the solution for
> ActiveSync-installations over 40 syncing devices?!.
>
> Greetings
> Christopher

I suspekt that the Samsung Devices get in trouble if a (initial) sync
lasts longer than the heartbeat interval, eg. it starts another sync
even if the previous one has not finished yet. With time based sync
the check for already running sync does work or the minimum time
interval is long enough to not get in trouble. With raising the
"heartbeatmin" you therefore decrease the probability which somewhat
"fixes" the problem. The real solution would be that Samsung fixes
there code i guess.

Regards

Andreas