[horde] horde install fails with many errors

Eric Levy contact at ericlevy.name
Fri Nov 15 17:21:35 UTC 2013

> Quoting Eric Levy <contact at ericlevy.name>:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I followed the directions for downloading Horde from the pear
>> repository.  Unfortunately, Pear fails to install many of the
>> necessary packages.  I am running:
>>
>> % pear -c <tgt_dir>/pear.conf install -a horde/groupware
>>
>> I have saved a complete log of the output of this operation, but I
>> am unable to post it because the list moderator declined to approve
>>  my previous post because of its size exceeding 40 KB.
>>
>> Some sample lines from the log are:
>>
>> Validation Error: File "turba/config/conf.d/10-groupware.xml" in
>> directory "<dir name="/">" has invalid role "horde", should be one
>> of cfg, data, doc, php, script, test, www
>>
>> Validation Error: This package contains role "horde" and requires
>> package "horde/Role" to be used
>>
>> I am hopeful that someone can help me achieve a resolution.  Thank you.
>>
>> Eric Levy
>>

>> --
>
> You did not install Horde_Role correctly.
> --

Well, as instructed, I ran:

% pear -c <dir>/pear.conf install horde/horde_role

then

% <dir>/pear/pear -c <dir>/pear.conf run-scripts horde/horde_role

which both succeeded.

(When I attempted using the system pear executable for the second
step, I received the message: "Could not save horde_dir configuration
value to PEAR config.")

Since the Horde_Role install appears to have succeeded, how can I
diagnose the issue?

Eric Levy