[horde] Problem with the spell checker and default language

Cecilia Molina neru at uti.unrc.edu.ar
Fri Nov 15 17:33:31 UTC 2013

Hello everyone
I'm having a problem with the spell checker.
The spelling chack does not work when I write an email. The log file
showsthe following error:

ERR: HORDE [imp] Spellcheck failed. Command line: /usr/bin/aspell -a
--encoding=UTF-8 --sug-mode=fast --lang='sv' --ignore='2' -H [pid 2952
on line 91 of "/usr/share/php5/PEAR/Horde/SpellChecker/Aspell.php"]

You can see that in --lang='sv' language not configured correctly, which
in our case should be --lang='es'

I have properly configured the language in the horde settings.

What is happening?

Do I have to set something else in Apache or php.ini?

I am using openSuse 12.3 and Horde Groupware Webmail Edition 5.1.2

Thank you very much for any help
Please excuse my poor english

Cecilia Molina
National University of Rio Cuarto