[horde] horde install fails with many errors

Eric Levy contact at ericlevy.name
Fri Nov 15 17:42:41 UTC 2013

> Quoting Eric Levy <contact at ericlevy.name>:
>
>> Quoting Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>:

>>> You did not install Horde_Role correctly.
>>> --
>>
>> Well, as instructed, I ran:
>>
>> % pear -c <dir>/pear.conf install horde/horde_role
>
> This installed horde/horde_role into your system-wide pear. You
> should  install it into your custom pear.

I think the -c changes the installation from system to custom.  I
think this especially since I have no root access but the operation
still reported no errors.

In either case, the install has the same effect regardless of which
executable I use:

% <dir>/pear/pear -c <dir>/pear.conf install horde/horde_role
horde/horde_role is already installed and is the same as the released
version 1.0.1
install failed