[horde] horde install fails with many errors

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Fri Nov 15 18:18:48 UTC 2013

Please keep discussions on the list.

Quoting Eric Levy <contact at ericlevy.name>:

> Quoting Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>:
>

>> Quoting Eric Levy <contact at ericlevy.name>:

>>> Well, as instructed, I ran:
>>>
>>> % pear -c <dir>/pear.conf install horde/horde_role
>>
>> This installed horde/horde_role into your system-wide pear. You
>> should  install it into your custom pear.
>>

>>> then
>>>
>>> % <dir>/pear/pear -c <dir>/pear.conf run-scripts horde/horde_role
>>>
>>> which both succeeded.
>>>
>>> (When I attempted using the system pear executable for the second
>>> step, I received the message: "Could not save horde_dir
>>> configuration value to PEAR config.")
>>>
>>> Since the Horde_Role install appears to have succeeded, how can I
>>> diagnose the issue?
>>>
>>> Eric Levy
>

> The discussion gave me the idea to try installing horde with the
> pear executable in the custom location.  This worked correctly.

*Every* command needs to performed with the custom pear binary.
 From INSTALL:

Then follow the regular installation steps, but use the pear command
from the PEAR installation you just created, e.g.:

/var/www/webmail/pear/pear -c /var/www/webmail/pear.conf \
     channel-discover pear.horde.org

--
mike

The Horde Project (www.horde.org)