[horde] horde install fails with many errors

Eric Levy contact at ericlevy.name
Fri Nov 15 18:59:30 UTC 2013

> Please keep discussions on the list.
>
> Quoting Eric Levy <contact at ericlevy.name>:
>
>> Quoting Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>:

>>> This installed horde/horde_role into your system-wide pear. You
>>> should  install it into your custom pear.

>> The discussion gave me the idea to try installing horde with the
>> pear executable in the custom location.  This worked correctly.
>
> *Every* command needs to performed with the custom pear binary.
> From INSTALL:
>
> Then follow the regular installation steps, but use the pear command
>  from the PEAR installation you just created, e.g.:
>
> /var/www/webmail/pear/pear -c /var/www/webmail/pear.conf \
>     channel-discover pear.horde.org

I have been able now to install Horde with pear.  Thank you.

Presently, I when point my browser to test.php, I see the following message:

Could not find Horde's framework libraries in the following path(s):
<install_dir>/lib:.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php. Please read
horde/docs/INSTALL for information on how to install these libraries.

I have verified that <install_dir>/lib exists and contains:

./   Ajax/    Application.php  core.php   LoginTasks/  Test.php  Tree/
../  Api.php  Block/           .htaccess  Prefs/       tests/    View/

Is there any reason why test.php wouldn't be able to find these libraries?

Eric Levy