[horde] Translating - cannot find base Horde directories

Luis Felipe Marzagao lfbm.andamentos at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 15:57:11 UTC 2013

Hello:

I'm trying to run horde-translation from git repo cloned. I don't want
to install horde on this machine or make it web-accessible.

I have the prerequisites instaled:

duli at i5-3570:~/git/horde$ pear list
Installed packages, channel pear.php.net:
Package          Version State
Archive_Tar      1.3.11  stable
Console_Getopt   1.3.1   stable
Console_Table    1.1.6   stable
File_Find        1.3.2   stable
PEAR             1.9.4   stable
Structures_Graph 1.0.4   stable
XML_Util         1.2.1   stable

I tried to run horde-translation and I got:

duli at i5-3570:~/git/horde/horde/bin$ php horde-translation
PHP Warning:  require_once(Horde/Autoloader/Default.php): failed to open
stream: No such file or directory in
/home/duli/git/horde/horde/lib/core.php on line 47
PHP Fatal error:  require_once(): Failed opening required
'Horde/Autoloader/Default.php'
(include_path='/home/duli/git/horde/horde/lib:.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear')
in /home/duli/git/horde/horde/lib/core.php on line 47

Then I installed just Horde_Autoloader, but I still get path error messages:

duli at i5-3570:~/git/horde/horde/bin$ php horde-translation
Cannot find base Horde directories. Please reinstall Horde and/or
correctly configure the install paths.

How can I correctly configure the install paths?

Thanks!