[horde] Fwd: White Screen after Upgrade

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Mon Nov 25 14:02:45 UTC 2013

----- Weitergeleitete Nachricht von Chris <cjdl01 at brokensolstice.com> -----
      Datum: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 06:43:14 -0500
        Von: Chris <cjdl01 at brokensolstice.com>
Antwort an: cjdl01 at brokensolstice.com
    Betreff: Re: [horde] White Screen after Upgrade
         An: Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>

On 11/25/2013 05:43 AM, Jan Schneider wrote:

> Zitat von Chris <cjdl01 at brokensolstice.com>:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I just upgraded horde today, and something obviously went awry.
>> When going there in Firefox, I get nothing but a white screen. When
>> going there in chrome, I get " HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server
>> Error): An unexpected condition was encountered while the server
>> was attempting to fulfill the request", and when visiting in IE, I
>> get "The website cannot display the Page..." another 500 error.
>>
>> I have been looking in the logs, and I have this in my horde.log:
>>

>> 2013-11-24T19:45:01+00:00 DEBUG: HORDE Load config file (hooks.php;
>> app: kronolith) [pid 2534 on line 402 of "/usr/share/php/Horde.php"]
>>
>> Which doesn't seem like an issue, since I'm not running any of the
>> afore mentioned complaints (whups, herme, jonah, klutz, kolab, etc.).
>>
>> And I'm getting this spat out in my apache2 error.log file every
>> time I try to visit the site:
>> [Sun Nov 24 14:47:03 2013] [error] [client PHP Fatal error: Class
>> 'kronolith_Hooks' not found in /usr/share/php/Horde/Core/Hooks.php
>> on line 88, referer: https://www.myserver.com/horde/services/portal/
>
> You have a hooks.php file but it doesn't contain the Kronolith_Hooks class.

Thanks Jan,

Can you please advise me on how to resolve the problem? Where did it
go?  I do not understand why it wouldn't upgrade with the rest of
horde and pear.  That particular Hooks.php file has a date stamp
consistent with the upgrade.

Is this class you are referring to a snippet of code that is supposed
to be in Hooks.php, or is it a file or group of files unto
itself/themselves that is/are missing? (I have some coding experience,
but I'm very weak in php)  To my knowledge I wasn't even using any
hooks, so I'm sure I've never done any modifications in this regard.

I have three hooks.php on the system:

/usr/share/php/Horde/Core/Hooks.php
/usr/share./php/Horde/Core/Prefs/Storage/Hooks.php
./horde/kronolith/config/hooks.php

plus I have another one under the turba directory, but I don't see how
that could be relevant.

Can you please point me in the right direction here?

Thanks.
-Chris

Jan Schneider
The Horde Project