[horde] ActiveSync and Nexus 5 / Kitkat

Tom Buehlmann tomnet at tbuhl.ch
Mon Nov 25 17:07:09 UTC 2013

Hi all
Zitat von Robert Wagner <robert at duff.de>:

>>> I have 2 nexus 5's, both have had problems, although I appear to
>>> have fixed one without any idea as to how.
>>>
>>> Unfortunately problem occurs on the client side, and I've no idea
>>> how to get a log of this:
>>>
>>> 1. initial sync appear to work fine:
>>> a) all the contacts appear
>>> b) recent inbox appears
>>> c) calendar seems to be up to date, but there isn't much of this
>>> so I'm not sure
>>>
>>> 2. then (probably a min after the initial sync appears to have
>>> finished) the contents of the contacts vanishes.
>>>
>>> 3. if I do anything to the client copy of the mailbox (ie delete
>>> or read a message) and then try and sync the changes back to the
>>> server, I get a blank mailbox (it says I have no messages),
>>> sometimes "Exchange services" crashes on the device.
>>>
>>> 4. even if I don't make any changes as above, the mailbox will
>>> appear empty sometime later
>>>
>>> Note that this was happening on both Nexus 5's, so I doubt its a
>>> broken device.  If its a client bug I'm guessing its software.
>>>

>> Just FYI, received my Nexus 5 yesterday, i have exactly the same issues :(
>>

> Hello,
>
> i just upgraded my 2012 nexus 7 to KitKat (krt16s), also the same
> issues. after working some time with kitkat here are my experiences:
>
> - E-Mail: Works most of the time, sometimes all mails dissapear but
> come back after a resync. When deleting mails "Exchange-Services"
> crashes on android device and the deletion is not synced to server.
> - Calendar: seems to work
> - Contacts: Not working at all, no sync.
>
> Robert

AvtiveSync is imho unusable on Kitkat.
On my updated  Nexus 7 (2013) Kitkat E-Mail is working more or less,
stops syncing after some time, if manually refreshed,
"Exchange-Services" crashes.
Calendar: sometimes also not synced.
Threse's also a problem with using ssl with certificats.
Contacts: on my device ther is no contacts app, so i can't tell..

I now switched to imap and Caldav on horde until Google sorts this out :(
Sorry for ranting, but at this time, i cannot recommend KitKat for syncing.
My "good old" xperia z on 4.2.2 does show no problem syncing with horde.

--Tom